"Isis in the Midnight Brightly" by Kerry Wright, 2001, oils on canvas

"Isis in the Midnight Brightly" by Kerry Wright, 2001, oils on canvas
"Isis in the Midnight Brightly" by Kerry Wright, 2001, oils on canvas

Saturday, February 19, 2011

"Study for Self Portrait in Carmelite Habit"


"Study for Self Portrait in Carmelite Habit" 
 Kerry Wright, 1970 
Indian ink on cartridge paper

 I drew this image of myself wearing the Carmelite religious habit when I was studying for the priesthood within the Carmelite cloister of Mount Carmel Monastery in Sydney. I ultimately decided against this somewhat dramatically confrontational image for the final product (scroll down); however, this drawing probably says a lot about my anguished mental state at the time it was executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment